Welcome to my blog.

This is my collection of family history stories and genealogy ideas. Contact me by leaving a note on this blog.

Civil War Series
Soldier Michael McDonald's personal accounts are featured.

>
Genealogy Lessons
Genealogy 101+ begins at this link.

Kewaunee The County Times Articles
Stories written for The County Times newspaper begin at this link.

Who are you Chester Elliot?

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dear Chester, 

I know you were there.  And, someday I'm going to find out who you were.

I found you once.

Here you are in the 1810 US Census for Lewis County New York.  You're on the same page with your father-in-law Jesse Benjamin.  You're practically neighbors! 

1810 Lewis County New York Census

* Your name is spelled "Elliot"--one t. 
* You have two boys under 10 years old in the house--Joseph and George W.?
* You are between 26 and 45 years old; so is Betsey (Benjamin), your wife. 

I know somewhere there are tax records and other documents that could tell me who you are and where you came from.

How about giving me another hint?

Sincerely,

Your GGGG-Granddaughter

0 comments: