Welcome to my blog.

This is my collection of family history stories and genealogy ideas. Contact me by leaving a note on this blog.

Civil War Series
Soldier Michael McDonald's personal accounts are featured.

>
Genealogy Lessons
Genealogy 101+ begins at this link.

Kewaunee The County Times Articles
Stories written for The County Times newspaper begin at this link.

Wisconsin Society DAR

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

For the 115th time, from May 5-7, the Wisconsin Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution will hold a state conference. 

The honored guest speaker will be the DAR President General Merry Ann Wright.  I look forward to meeting the President General and I really want to be there to support Wisconsin State Regent Sherron Pamela Miller.  "Pam" is also a member of the same DAR chapter I belong to--Jean Nicolet Chapter--and is the reason I am a member of the DAR.  She is a brilliant and sweet woman: kind, encouraging and generous and simply a good friend to everyone who knows her.  I like to call her the "Grand Poobah" but it is in the most positive, loving and respectful way that I do so.  But, I think she will appreciate my addressing her as "Madam State Regent" at the state conference.    

I am also looking forward to celebrating with Chapter Regent Pamela Khraibut, a soft spoken lady who is better at putting people at ease than anyone I have ever met.  It is simply her way to welcome people and make them feel like they belong.  This is what DAR is all about and she personifies the word welcoming.

The mission of the Daughters of the American Revolution organization is to "Preserve the Past, Enhance the Present, Invest in the Future."  I believe strongly in those objectives and so do these women.

At the conference there is a great deal of work to be done.  But there is also a lot of fun to be had.  It's a wonderful learning experience and an opportunity to honor outstanding achievement in history education, citizenship, patriotism and service to veterans.

I'm proud to belong to the Daughters of the American Revolution and honor great great great great great grandfather Jesse Benjamin for his six years of service in the Revolutionary War and his wife Rachel (Bunn) Benjamin for allowing me to do so.

Time to get out the white gloves and brush up on parliamentary procedure.         

0 comments: